Ahoy from the far east (of India, that is) :) This is the only vegetarian recipe I could source from Arunachal Pradesh. So, bite me, non veggies :P
Paanch Phoron Taarkari literally means vegetables in a spice blend usually of fenugreek (methi), nigella seed, cumin seed, radhuni & fennel seed.
Another very easy/very yummy dish :)
Let's get started!
First, gather the following:
- 100 gm diced pumpkin
- 2 large diced potatoes
- 1 large diced brinjal
- 2 large slit dry chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp aniseeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cold milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add all the dry spices.
2. Now, stir-fry the spices, add the cut vegetables and mix well.
3. Then, put the green chillies, sugar & salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Now, pour water & milk to cook the vegetables.
5. Keep simmering till the veggies turn tender and absorb the water.
Done! Serve hot with puri. Or even rice.