Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mooli Paratha

Today, for the 1st time, I cooked something in someone else's kitchen - my masi's, to be precise. And I was even more nervous, because like most women  in my family  (me not included) ;) my masi too is an excellent cook!!

Anyway, I didn't want to do anything complicated (& then eventually ruin it) :P So I made something very basic - mooli paratha. Don't you dare make any flatulence jokes :P

Here's what you'll require:

For the stuffing -

- 3 radishes 
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 finely chopped green chilies (in case the red chili powder hasn't upped the spice quotient for you)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Cooking oil to fry the radishes

For the dough -

- 2 cups wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Water (as per the need)
- Cooking oil to make the parathas

And here's the recipe!!

1. First of, sieve the flour & salt. Add water & knead, till you get a stiff dough. If you want, you can knead it soft, too; no issues. Once done, cover & keep aside.

2. Now, peel & grate the radish. Make sure to drain out the excess water.

3. Then, in a kadhai, add the cooking oil & fry the radishes till they turn a light brown. Then add salt, red chili powder, green chilies & coriander powder & mix well. And then set to cool.

4. Once the stuffing has cooled, take some dough make a small roundel out of it (no am not going to use the word ball here) :P In the center of the roundel, put 2 tsp of the stuffing & close and cover from all sides.

5. Once sealed, roll it out into a paratha. Do the same for the remaining of the dough & stuffing.

6. Now, heat a tava & place each paratha one by one on it. Add cooking oil to both sides & let cook evenly. Tip: I like my parathas crispy, so I tend to add a tad more oil while cooking, and keep the flame on high.

7. Voila! Mooli parathas are done. You can serve them with curd, raita, pickle or my favorite paratha buddy - salsa!! ;)


2 comments:

  1. will you believe this...4.5 years of marriage and i have not made a single paratha:( :( someone please encourage me ..please

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyun par?! bahut aasaan hai!! aaj hi banao!!

    ReplyDelete